Corn Bread Layered Salad
“Her cornbread salad is so complete, it can be a meal in itself,” says Jody Miller from Oklahoma City, about her mother, Theresa Casper. “The recipe has been in our family for years and is great for potlucks.“
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions. Cool on
- a wire rack.
- Crumble corn bread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with
- onions, green pepper, corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the
- vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.