Corn Bread Chicken Bake
To make the most of leftover corn bread, try this hearty main-dish casserole sent in by Madge Britton from Afton, Tennessee. "It's moist, delicious and good on any occasion," she notes.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups cubed corn bread
- 8 bread slices, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Drain and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 392 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.