Corn Bread Casserole
It's easy to add variety to this dish by stirring in cooked, crumbled bacon. since my husband likes spicy foods, I frequently sprinkle chopped jalapeno peppers over half of the casserole for him.Carrina Cooper, McAlpin, Florida
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased 11-in.
- x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes
- or until the top and edges are golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 311 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.