Corn 'n' Cucumbers Salad
This was one of my mother's recipes and I think of her whenever I make it. It's a nice change from a regular cucumber salad.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh corn, cooked
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill for several
- hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 49 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.