Corn & Pepper Orzo
This fragrant side packs flavor in but keeps extra fat, calories and sodium out. Red pepper lends sweetness and color to the eye-catching dish. Angela Hanks - St. Albans, West Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
- saute red pepper and onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add the corn,
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables
- are tender. Drain pasta; stir into the pan. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 178 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.