This pleasant salmon is good hot or cold. For a hot meal, I serve it with rice or pierogies. For a cold meal in the summer, I serve it with a salad and some crusty bread.
-Nancy Deans of Acton, Maine
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a small dish, combine the salt, pepper and coriander. Sprinkle
- over salmon. In a nonstick skillet, cook salmon in oil over medium
- heat for 4 minutes on each side. Add the garlic, lime juice and hot
- pepper sauce. Reduce heat; cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One fillet equals 335 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.