Cool Mandarin Dessert
I've served this refreshing, pleasantly light citrus dessert for years. It is easy to make but looks so elegant. For special occasions, I put it in a crystal bowl to show off its pretty color. Sue Murphy of Greenwood, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving the juice, add enough water to juice to
- measure 1 cup. Refrigerate the oranges.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in reserved
- juice. Add sherbet, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- or until thickened.
- Keep 10 orange segments refrigerated for garnish. Fold remaining
- oranges into gelatin mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just
- before serving, garnish with reserved oranges and mint if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 134 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.