Cool Cucumber Salad
"THIS SALAD is a refreshing complement to any meal, and it's attractive on the table. Whenever I'm asked to bring a dish to a potluck dinner, I prepare this salad. I often make it for friends and neighbors, too. It's always much appreciated."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 small onion, grated
- Sliced cucumbers and fresh parsley, optional
- Peel and halve cucumber; remove the seeds. Shred and pat dry; set
- aside. In a bowl, combine gelatin and salt with boiling water; stir
- until dissolved. Add mayonnaise and cottage cheese; mix well. Stir
- in the onion and shredded cucumber. Pour into an oiled 5-cup mold.
- Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with
- cucumbers and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 370 calories, 31 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.