Cookies and Cream
"This rich and fluffy no-bake dessert has a proven track record in our family," reports Teena Lang from Mt. Vernon, Ohio. "It's easy to make the night before a reunion or church supper. Then just take it out of the fridge and go."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) rocky road or chocolate chocolate chip cookies
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk
- Crumble one cookie and set aside. Spoon a fourth of the whipped
- topping into an 8-in. square pan.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. Break remaining cookies in half; dip
- seven or eight halves into milk for about 30 seconds each. Place
- over whipped topping. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining
- whipped topping; sprinkle with the reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and
- refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 375 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.