Folks will gobble up these sweet-tasting turkeys, whether the easy-to-assemble goodies are sold at fund-raisers or featured on holiday tables. "Every Thanksgiving, my cousin makes them out of prepared cookies and candies," says Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 40 fudge-striped cookies
- 1/4 cup chocolate frosting
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) chocolate-covered cherries
- 20 pieces candy corn
- Place 20 cookies on a flat surface, solid chocolate side down. With
- frosting attach a chocolate-covered cherry to the top of each base
- cookie. Position another cookie perpendicular to each base cookie;
- attach with frosting.
- With a dab of frosting, attach one piece of candy corn to the front
- of each cherry for the head. Let stand until set. Yield: 20
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.