Confetti Tilapia Packets
“This recipe came to me after watching a friend grill fish in foil. The flavors are great. You can also use flounder or cod.” —Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions, bacon and celery
- until vegetables are tender and bacon is crisp; drain. Add the
- tomato, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12
- in. square). Drizzle fillets with lemon juice. Top with vegetable
- mixture. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 packet equals 141 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,