My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me. The red and yellow peppers add to its flavor and eye-appeal. To speed it to the table, I often use a package of mixed greens.Christine Panzarella, Buena Park, California
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 cups Italian salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- In a bowl, toss the greens, olives, onion, peppers, cabbage and
- cheese. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with part-skim mozzarella and 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing) equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 meat.