Confetti Meat Loaf
Carrot, celery, parsley and peppers give great color to this meat loaf, while the unique addition of apple makes it moist.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vinegar, bread crumbs, bacon,
- apple, vegetables, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef
- over the mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat
- thermometer reads 160° drain. Let stand 10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot