- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough
- in half. Divide half of dough into two portions so that one portion
- is twice the size of the other; shape larger portion into three
- 16-in. ropes. Place on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends
- to seal and tuck under.
- Shape smaller portion into three 10-in. ropes. Braid on a lightly
- floured surface; tuck ends under. Brush bottom of braid with water
- and place over larger braid. Cover loaf and let rise until doubled,
- about 45 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- melted butter. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2 loaves (20 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.