Confetti Cottage Salad
Kelly Thornberry of La Porte, Indiana suggests, "This pretty salad is a snap to fix and has a pleasant crunch."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4 % cottage cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-fee cottage cheese and unsalted sunflower kernels) equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.