Confetti Corn Quesadillas
"This easy and convenient meal is easily changed to fit any family's picky eaters. You can even sneak in protein, dairy and veggies and the kids will never know this is relatively good for them. I try to keep a batch in the fridge for a quick and hearty lunch."
Carey Hunt, Portland, Oregon
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Lightly brush oil over one side of each tortilla. Place two
- tortillas, oil side down, on a griddle. Spread 1/2 cup cheese
- mixture over half of each tortilla; fold over. Cook over low heat
- for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges. Repeat. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole
- if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 quesadilla (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium,