- longer or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add wine and simmer
- for 2 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken and sprinkle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Sprinkle with fennel fronds. Yield: 6 servings.
Make Ahead:Assemble casserole up to 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce equals 359 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.