Comforting Potato Casserole
After enjoying this creamy, snazzed-up potato casserole at a wedding dinner, my daughters and I asked the caterer to share the recipe. Because it can be made ahead, it's a great recipe for busy cooks. —Darlis Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese and onions; add
- in potatoes; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10-12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 211 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.