Comforting Cranberry-Apple Crisp
The first time I baked this bubbly, golden brown crisp, I knew it was a winner. Cranberry sauce adds the perfect amount of tartness to every spoonful.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cranberry sauce.
- Add apples; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts and
- cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and
- topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.