Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
A good friend made us this rich, comforting soup after the birth of our son. It was such a help to have dinner taken care of until I was back on my feet. This yummy dish is so simple to fix that now I give a pot of it (along with the recipe) to other new mothers.
-Joanna Sargent, Sandy, Utah
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 quarts water
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles;
- cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add
- soup and chicken; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with minced
- parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 218 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 980 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.