Colorful Veggie Medley
When my freezer or garden is bulging with vegetables, I bring out the slow cooker to make this dish. My mother found the recipe in an area newspaper. - Kerry Johnson, Decorah, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
If you don't have the time for the Colorful Veggie Medley to simmer in a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients and spoon into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for about 1 hour, uncover for the last few minutes of baking.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories,