Colorful Tomato 'n' Mozzarella Salad
“This is my twist on the popular tomato-mozzarella salad,” says Tari Ambler of Shorewood, Illinois. “Since the rest of the salad is so light, you can splurge with the fresh mozzarella!”
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium red tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Arrange spinach on a platter; top with tomato and cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 132 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.