Colorful Roasted Veggies
From Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, Adrian Martin writes, “My mom, Diane Harrison, serves this delicious vegetable dish pleasantly flavored with rosemary. It’s my favorite.”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk the
- oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper until blended.
- Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated with 1/4 cup olive oil) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 228 mg sodium,