Colorful Mixed Salad
Dried cranberries and mandarin oranges add sweetness to this green salad sent in by Sandra Lashua of Henderson, Nevada. It's loaded with other goodies, then tossed with a pleasant orange dressing.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, vinegar,
- oil and sugar; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just
- before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large serving
- bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 283 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.