Colorful Grilled Veggies
"I put this combination together one day when trying to serve a side dish other than mushrooms in butter," recalls Susan Jesson of Oro Station, Ontario. "Everyone loves this pleasantly seasoned medley and asks for the recipe."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Divide the vegetables between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18
- in. square). In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients;
- drizzle over vegetables. Fold foil around vegetables and seal
- tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until
- the vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.