Colorful Fruit Kabobs
"These luscious fruit kabobs are perfect as a summer appetizer, snack or side dish," assures Ruth Ann Stelfox of Raymond, Alberta. "The citrus glaze clings well and keeps the fruit looking fresh."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Assorted fruit of your choice: strawberries, seedless red grapes, sliced kiwifruit, sliced star fruit and cubes of cantaloupe, honeydew or pineapple
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Alternately thread fruit onto skewers; set aside. In a saucepan,
- combine sugar, cornstarch and juices until smooth. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Brush over fruit.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 cup glaze.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 54 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.