Colorful Fried Rice
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend many years ago. The variety of ingredients makes it very colorful, and preparation is simple. I serve it often.
-Linda Rae Lee, San Francisco, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook and stir the rice, onions, carrot, peas, soy sauce
- and parsley in oil until onions are tender and rice is heated
- through. Add egg; cook and stir until egg is completely set. Season
- with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.