Colorful Corn Salad
This colorful, tasty corn salad is an excellent way to perk up a summer picnic. The seasonings add a bold, refreshing Southwestern flavor that brings people back for seconds. It's nice to have a different kind of salad to share.
-Helen Koedel, Hamilton, Ohio
16-18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups diced green pepper
- 2 cups diced sweet red pepper
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a
- microwave-safe dish, combine oil and garlic. Microwave, uncovered,
- on high for 30 seconds. Cool. Whisk in lime juice. Pour over corn
- mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 16-18 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium,