Colorful Chicken Pasta
I'm tired at the end of the workday, so fast meals are always appreciated. I came up with this pasta dish one night using ingredients we happened to have on hand. I knew it was a success when my husband, who doesn't even like chicken, couldn't stop eating it!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until lightly browned;
- sprinkle with the lemon-pepper. Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes,
- onion, basil and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and
- vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve
- with chicken mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 484 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium,