Colorful Braised Vegetables
The parsley, carrots and onion grown in my garden star in this succulent side dish. It's a perfect partner for pork.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- coleslaw mix, carrot, parsley, salt and pepper. Add water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Uncover; simmer
- 3 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.