- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook
- beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep
- In the same pan, stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for
- 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add
- zucchini and snow peas; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bean sprouts;
- cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the
- pan; heat through. Serve over rice or linguine if desired. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 318 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.