Colorful Bean Salad
My bean salad is a mainstay, both for family meals and neighborhood potlucks. People rave about the cumin dressing with its zesty flavor. The salad tastes even better when made ahead and marinated in the fridge overnight.Beth Brown, Naples, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the beans,
- corn and onions; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.