Cold Cucumber Soup
I love trying to duplicate restaurant dishes at home. Friends and family tell me they like the results!
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, stems removed or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut cucumbers into large chunks; place in a blender with remaining
- ingredients. Puree; pour into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 8 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free sour cream and low-sodium broth and without salt) equals 1 starch, 1 vegetable; also, 112 calories, 126 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, trace fat.