Cola Pork Chops
“Great flavor and simplicity make this recipe one of my favorites,” writes Tracy Reedy from Dublin, Ohio. “Cola adds sparkly tang to the sauce and keeps the chops tender.”
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 8 red onion rings
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cola
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- Place the pork chops in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Top with onion rings. Combine ketchup and cola; pour
- over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is
- tender. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop (prepared with diet cola; calculated without couscous) equals 225 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.