Coffin Ice Cream Sandwiches
These cute coffin sandwiches our Test Kitchen created are such a breeze to decorate, kids could do it themselves. With ice cream sandwiches and the toppings of their choice, the frozen snacks are ready in a snap.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons vanilla frosting, divided
- Orange and black paste food coloring
- 6 ice cream sandwiches
- Yellow, brown and orange jimmies and/or Halloween sprinkles
- Tint 1/2 cup frosting orange and 1 tablespoon frosting black. Cut
- corners off each ice cream sandwich to form coffin shapes. Dip sides
- of sandwiches in jimmies. Frost tops with orange frosting. Decorate
- as desired with black frosting, remaining white frosting and jimmies
- and/or sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.