- cinnamon; set aside. For cake, in a small bowl, dissolve coffee
- granules in water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and
- fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the sour cream, applesauce, buttermilk, vanilla and coffee.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to
- creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube
- pan. Sprinkle with walnut mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients
- until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 475 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.