Coffee Mallow Dessert
THIS is one of my favorite summertime desserts, cool and soothing on a hot, humid day. The mild coffee flavor is most refreshing, and the cookie crumbs add nice crunch.
-Helen Davis, Waterbury, Vermont
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 16 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of
- two lightly greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
- Place coffee and eight marshmallows in a blender; cover and process
- until smooth. Add the remaining marshmallows; cover and refrigerate
- in the blender for 2 hours or until cold. Process again until
- smooth; transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add
- sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into
- coffee mixture. Spoon into prepared cups; sprinkle with reserved
- crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 720 calories, 43 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium,