- Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten each ball to a
- 3-in. circle. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 30 minutes.
- Make a depression in the center of each roll; add a rounded
- tablespoonful of filling. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or
- until golden brown.
- Brush rolls with butter. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over tops. Yield: 2 dozen.
Prune Kolaches: For prune filling, in a small saucepan, bring an 18-oz. package of pitted dried plums and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until plums are tender. Drain. Transfer to blender; add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cover and process until pureed; cool. Proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 kolache equals 187 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.