Cod Fillets in Spicy Tomato Sauce
A dash or cayenne pepper adds zip to this flaky fish dish that will have cod lovers hooked after just one bite. "I like to serve the fillets with breadsticks and a tossed green salad," Joy Beck notes from Cincinnati, Ohio,
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Arrange fish in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over fish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 120 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.