Coconut Rhubarb Dessert
What a delicious treat! Tart rhubarb is sweetened with crunchy pecans and flaked coconut, while a cake mix proves a tender base. —Connie Korger, Green Bay, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water and food
- coloring if desired. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until
- rhubarb is tender; cool slightly. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cake mix. Top with coconut and
- pecans. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 416 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium,