Coconut Pecan Waffles
Toasted coconut and pecans add a nutty taste to these delicious waffles from our home economists. Give them a try the next time you're warming up the waffle iron.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add club soda
- and extract; stir until smooth. Gently fold in coconut and pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 457 calories, 36 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.