Coconut Pecan Blondies
Here's a classic white chocolate brownie that I've entered in the state fair and frequently made for the men I work with- I'm a landscaper. I enjoy munching on these while cheering on my alma mater, Ohio State University.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat egg and brown sugar for 3 minutes. Add butter
- and vanilla and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to the brown sugar mixture, beating just until
- blended. Stir in pecans, coconut and white chocolate.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for
- 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut
- into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.