Coconut Pecan Bars
With a butterscotch flavor, these tasty bars have always been welcomed with open arms by my family. Since they're simple to make, kids can have fun pitching in.
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans (batter
- will be thick).
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium,