- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one
- at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour,
- cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; add to egg mixture alternately
- with coffee, beating just until combined.
- Pour into two 6-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners'
- sugar until fluffy. Beat in cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in
- the coconut, extract and food coloring if desired. Spread between
- cake layers.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar
- and cocoa until fluffy. Add the cream, chocolate and extract; beat
- until smooth. Frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 563 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.