Coconut-Layered Pound Cake
This cake tastes just like an Almond Joy candy bar! If you like coconut, chocolate and almonds, this is the cake for you. And since it comes together in a snap, you can quench that craving quickly! —Linda Nichols, Steubenville, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- Cut cake horizontally into four layers. In a small bowl, combine the
- milk, coconut and almonds. Place bottom layer on a serving plate;
- top with half of the coconut mixture, one cake layer and 1/2 cup
- frosting. Repeat layers.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 715 calories, 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.