Coconut Creme Brulee
There's always time for dessert! Gloria Jabaut shared this elegant quick-to-fix treat from Red Bluff, California.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 refrigerated vanilla pudding snack cups (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Spoon pudding into two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. If broiling
- the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, coconut and butter; sprinkle
- over pudding. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- sugar is bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with sugar mixture. Heat
- sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free pudding and light butter) equals 189 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.