Coconut Cream Pie
I start by preparing dessert first because it needs to chill. This recipe is a favorite since it takes only a few minutes to prepare. It's simple, yet it's so good.Jerraine Barlow, Colorado City, Arizona
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches each)
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let
- stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in pudding and mix well. Fold
- in 1/2 cup coconut and whipped topping. Spoon into the crusts. Toast
- remaining coconut; sprinkle over pies. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 247 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.