Coconut Chip Cookies
Flora Alers of Clinton, Maryland transforms a boxed white cake mix into a big batch of tasty cookies that are filled with coconut, nuts and chocolate chips. "This recipe requires just six ingredients, so you can mix up the batter in a jiffy," she shares.
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and oil (batter will be very
- stiff). Stir in the coconut, chips and nuts. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains
- when lightly touched. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to
- cool completely. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.