Coconut Carrot Casserole
I can about 30 pounds of carrots every fall, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare them. This recipe is one that my family really likes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients;
- sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 307 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium,