Cocoa Mocha Pie
In Center, Texas, Carolyn Crump combines coffee and Milky Way candy bars to create this cool and creamy dessert. "I usually prepare the pie the night before, then garnish each slice with extra candy bar chunks before serving," she notes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 6 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker or chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Finely chop four candy bars; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add milk
- and coffee granules; heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream in a bowl; fold in mocha mixture. Spoon into crust;
- freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut
- remaining candy bars into 1/2-in. pieces for garnish. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 274 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.